The Dennis County Development Partnership was formed in 2017, The Partnership is composed of three municipalities located in southwest Manitoba: Rural Municipality of Wallace-Woodworth, Rural Municipality of Pipestone, and Town of Virden.
From a strong agricultural and oil industry base to an active commercial business sector, the Dennis County is a great place to invest, grow, and do business.
Area Value Proposition:
This area offers direct access to national air, road and rail transportation networks and access to national and regional energy corridors, providing a distinctive lower cost opportunity for corporate investment and growth. Quick access to the national mainline rail, highway, air and oil pipeline systems makes for fast cost-effective freight and efficient flow of goods to and from the US, Canada, Asia and other off shore markets.
Access to 3 separate inland ports within 3 hours transport time, ease, west or south, provides for easy access to regional North American markets on the Canadian Prairies and in the US Mid West.
Area Competitive Advantages:
- Quick access to National Transportation Systems
- Access to large energy supply corridors; high voltage electrical up to 230 kva, crude oil transmission pipelines and natural gas supply systems
- Industrial raw water supply, potable water distribution system and advanced wastewater treatment capability
- Access to high speed fiber optic telecommunications systems and last mile fiber optic suppliers
- Zoned and subdivided Industrial Land which is shovel ready for development
- Industrial Landfill and deep injection disposal wells for liquid waste streams
- Skilled transportation, oilfield, industrial construction and chemical manufacturing labor force
Larger Area Businesses:
The region is a host to a number of larger regional offices and operations, representing local, national and multinational corporations. They represent a wise range of sectors from natural resource extraction to national resources transportation, chemical manufacturing, construction and agricultural products.
While this list is not comprehensive it provides a snap shot of the companies who have all thrived in our growing and expanding business sector:
- Tundra Oil & Gas
- Enbridge Pipelines
- Tundra Energy Marketing Limited
- Corex Resources
- ERCO Worldwide
- Louis Dreyfus
- Heartland Livestock
- Long Shot Services
- Spearing Trucking
Geography (Land Area): 3,942.25 square kilometers
Median Household Income for Division No. 6: $64,055
Median Household Income for Manitoba: $68,147
- English (86.7%),
- German (4.5%),
- Dakota (4.4%),
- French (1.3%),
- Tagalog (0.9%).
Top Countries for Immigration:
Percentage of Population that Migrated to Division No. 6 (Place of Residence 5 Years Ago):
- Intra-provincial (from within Manitoba): 11.5%
- Intra-provincial (from another province): 3.0%
- International: 1.9%
Population (Over 25) with Post-Secondary Education: 49.4%
Major Fields of Study (Population Over 25):
- engineering and related technologies (10.4%);
- health and related fields (9.9%);
- business, management,
- public administration (9.1%)